Friday, April 13, 2007

Here's what I've been listening to this week - and what I'll be listening to this weekend.

1. Studio - Lifes A Beach (Todd Terje's Beach House Mix) [[Balearic bliss! Hate to say it but this is better than the Prins Thomas remix for me - sorry Thomas!! Just check the bassline and delayed guitars - oooooohhhhhh myyyyyyy]]

2. Human League - Rock N Roll [[Because its all about the Schaffell!!!!!]]

3. Mountain Machine - Mountain Machine (forthcoming on Thisisnotanexit Records) [[Human League Rock N Roll - CHECK Some Motorik Krautrock - CHECK Syd Barrett at the desk - CHECK Schaffelltastic rhythm - CHECK. Throw it all together and thats Mountain Machine the best band you've never heard]]

4. Hot Chip - My Piano [[New track on the new DJ Kicks mix cd - sounds like they've had Noze Remember Love on repeat to me!!!]]

5. Simian Mobile Disco - I Believe (Prins Thomas Discomiks) [[I feel kinda dirty putting a *spits* Simian Mobile Disco track in my Top 10 as they're a bit neu-rave-ed-banger synth nonsense but Prins Thomas appears to have saved this from my mp3 scrapheap]]

6. Hatchback - White Diamond (Prins Thomas Remix #2) [[may as well plug this - especially as its reviewed in FACT Magazine this issue, and its not even finished. Contender for tune of the year apparently, and who am I to argue]]

7. They Came From The Stars I Saw Them - The Unstoppable Kite [[gets better with every listen - especially with the sun out]]

8. Malcolm Mclaren - Love Will Keep Us Together [[A mix of Joy Divisions Love Will Tear Us Apart and Captain & Tenilles Love Will Keep Us Together - shouldn't work but oh my its achingly beautiful. Search your blogs and you might find it. Otherwise its featured on the new Thisisnotanexit Volume 6 coming soon]]

9. 120 Days - Come Out, Come Down, Fade Out, Be Gone (Mental Overdrive Remix) [[Forthcoming on Smalltown Supersound this is really rocking - kinda rocky but with the Scando disco dials turned up to 11]]

10. Subway - Satellites [[New on Souljazz it can't be slept on - electronic disco techno]]

11. Justine D - RVNG Mix #5 [[Turned me back onto Ministry - All Day (Remix) as featured on the classic TWITCH LP - so so so so good I can't believe I'd forgotten about it!! Aces]]

12. This weeks Beats In Space is worth downloading for the Permanent Vacation mix - featuring exclusive Todd Terje and Joakim remixes. Check it out!!]]

Thats all - just a list of good stuff this week. Maybe some free music next week if I'm feeling nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment