Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Owing to the dam postage strike I haven't been buying much vinyl recently but I can say that this weeks single of the week is the mighty new release from Lastrum by Altz. The Max-Motion release which came out a couple of years ago has finally just come out on Death From Abroad - one of those records I still play out 2 years later - I even heard Jonnie Wilkes play it out on Friday night.

Anyways the new release from Altz is called VODKA BABY and is absolutely mindblowing. It sounds similar to Mungolian Jetsets work in its crazy vision - country guitar twangs, a stop start drum beat and then melancholic piano s and strings fade in and out of the mix. You've got to hear it to believe it! Anyways Juno had some copies at £10.99!!! Yes, I know, £10.99 but considering how good Max-Motion is and that was £10.99 I'll be getting my moneys worth from it - seriously worth every penny.

We're throwing a party in a few weeks to celebrate the release of the 4th single on the label - we've managed to pull this together mightily quickly and we've got JD Twitch (Optimo) booked in for a headline set of his usual quality. If you came to the last one you know what to expect - 250 people jumping up and down and refusing to leave come closing time! Anyways hope you can make it - its gonna be a good one.

Thisisnotanexit Records presents: They Came From The Stars I Saw Them SIGNALS Party
Friday November 16th

JD Twitch (Optimo)
They Came From The Stars I Saw Them (Live)
Sculpture (Live)
Simon A. Carr (DJ Set)

Bardens Boudoir, 38-44 Stoke Newington Road, N16 7XJ
Easily accessible by buses 67, 76, 149 and 243

Doors 8pm - £6 before 9.30pm / £7 after

Optimo:
They Came From The Stars I Saw Them:
Sculpture:
http://www.myspace.com/danhayhurst

Thisisnotanexit Records:
Bardens Boudoir:

No comments:

Post a Comment