Saturday, July 12, 2008



It's not often I flick through the NME and see something that sounds genuinely interesting but I was intrigued by the page devoted to Salem. Something in the NME that I would find interesting I thought - prtty prtty prtty unlikely. Off I went to myspace though and here you go:



Blimey. The tracks have been on repeat all morning and I've fallen completely for them - comparisons have been made to Burial due to their dubstep leaning and anti-media stance but for me the comparisons are more with Throbbing Gristle and The Knife - those blissed out vocals and synths are just killing me. There are some more crunk and dusbtepesque tracks but it's those such as Brewstreet and Deepburn that are the most exciting.
Apparently there is a limited edition record that has already sold out called YES I SMOKE CRACK so you'd best watch out for one on ebay if you want one....
Don't forget Simon A. Carr & Detachments are playing at The Washing Line in Camden this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment