Friday, March 23, 2007

For those luddites out there who can't figure out modern technology (yes the internet is on your computer) here's a link to this weeks Apocalypse Wow show which features a mix from yours truly.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WXPPH72O

And here's the tracklist:

1. Delia & Gavin - Field Effect #4 (Unknown)
2. Noze - Remember Love (Traum)
3. They Came From The Stars I Saw Them - It's Time (An Optimo Espacio Dub Remix) (Thisisnotanexit)
4. Magazine - The Light Pours Out Of Me (Thisisnotanexit for the club edit) (Virgin)
5. X Vectors - Now Is The Winter Of Our Discotheque (OSCARR)
6. !!! - A New Name (Warp)
7. Tussle - Unknown (Troubleman)
8. Blackbelt Anderson - En Real T Jukkas (Trailerpark Recordings)
9. LSB - Highway Delight (Mungolian Jetset Remix) (Eskimo)
10. Crue-l Grand Orchestra - Spend The Day Without You (EY3 Remix #2) (Crue-l)
11. Unknown - Unknown (Shit Robot Remix) (Unknown)
12. Ronny & Renzo - Uniqorns (Quiet Village Remix) (King Kung Foo)
13. OOIOO - Uma (EY3 Remix) (Thrill Jockey)
14. The Sonics - Psycho (Re-edit) (Moxie Brakes)
15. Human Beingz - Nobody But Me (Pilooski Edit) (Dark & Lovely)
16. Blondie - Fade Away And Radiate (Betty Botox Edit) (RVNG)


I moaned yesterday about free music and that but this next track is only available as a track on the bonus disc on the new Explosions In The Sky album called All Of A Sudden I Miss Everyone and only on the first few hundred copies - so its quite hard to get hold of. Anyway its a great album and a real step up from their previous work. This is the best remix on the remix disc and sounds like classic Four Tet rather than his more recent remix work - killer pianos, post rock guitars, melancholic soundscape and mid-90's WARP esque electronics. Great remix - check it out and go buy the full album - worth it, honest.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9o3la4

I also went and saw !!! last night at The Shepherds Bush Empire. An amazing performance from one of the best live bands around to what can only be described as a dull crowd. The crowd were rubbish - !!! are a band you can totally lose the plot to live and people just stood with arms folded and stared - WRONG!!!!! Anyway particular highlights were Heart Of Hearts, Dear Can, Is This Thing On? and a track that sounded like the bastard child of OLIO but with more OOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMPPPFFFF and a demonic 303 line straight from 1988. I don't know that this was - all I could make out was the repeated line DON'T STOP repeatedly repeatedly repeatedly.

Anyway I need this record more than I want it. Anyone who knows what the hell it is send me a postcard. Otherwise I presume its a newie and I await its proper release.

In other news I got the new Black Devil Disco Club / Quiet Village 12" today. I have no idea what it sounds like but I'm excited about hearing it. There's also a nice Bakazou 12" sat waiting to be enjoyed featuring a nice Reverso' 68 remix. Plus I've got a Lindstrom & Thomas remix of Roxy Music AVALON to have a listen to. Oh and Hippie Priest Bum-Out on the b-side of the new LCD Soundsystem 7" is worth checking. And my man Roy Dank sent me some new Wurst Edits by Lee Douglas which totally ROCK!!! On repeat at the moment................

No comments:

Post a Comment