Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I've just got a new ipod - woohoo! Here's my top 10 playlist for this week and what you should be watching out for...

1. Surprise Party - Fear No Fear (Kill The DJ)

Dark dark dark gothic techno - imagine if Joy Division with a 303 and a Sawtooth!

2. Juan Maclean - Happy House (Prince Language Remix) (DFA)

Prince Language takes Nancy "Take me into space" Whang and Juan Maclean into deep space disco heaven. All about the piano though right.

3. Tiedye - Nothing (Italians Do It Better)

Slo-disco cover of Metallica's Nothing Else Matters - sounds bad - in reality its absolutely amazing. Not sure when its out but Mike keeps delivering with the Troubleman offshoot.

4. Propaganda - Frozen Faces (My Cousin Roy Edit) (Wurst)

Number 4 from the Wurst label and the quality is as high as always - Roy couldn't go wrong with this though as its one of my favourite ever records. Its a killer edit though - the killer sax riff repeated more and upfront! Out soon!

5. Shit Robot - Chasm (DFA)

DFA on it AGAIN with the poop robots newie - its all about the bell - if you've heard it in a club you'll know it.

6. Chic - I Want Your Love (Todd Terje Edit)

Chic I Want Your Love over Moodymanns I Can't Kick This Feeling When It Hits. What more do I need to say?!! ??!?

7. Battles - Tonto (Four Tet Remix)

Kieran Hebden digs out his 4/4 drum machine and DFA remixes and takes Battles kicking and screaming onto the electronic peaking dancefloor. Totally deranged and the best Four Tet Remix like EVER!

8. Tony Allen - Kilode (Carl Craig Remix) (Honest Jons)

I thought Carl Craig had gone off the boil recently - kinda switched to autopilot and wishing he'd release something new from himself. And then he unleashes this ! A bloody contender for remix of the year DAM HIM!

9. LCD Soundsystem - Us Vs. Them (Windsurfs Any Colour You Like? Remix)

Hatchback and The Sorcerer raid my Dads prog collection and provide this which I can't stop listening to.

10. They Came From The Stars I Saw Them - Signals (Emperor Machine Dub Remix) (Thisisnotanexit)

Emperor Machines best remix in ages - the biggest funkiest bassline and warbling synths make this an absolute killer. Great feedback so far on this one - watch out for it on the floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment