Monday, June 04, 2007

The Grinderman album has been on heavy rotation recently - and No Pussy Blues has the kind of guitar onslaught that clears your mind! I've yet to experience it live or in a club but I know a few of the more adventurous DJs are playing it. Would love to hear the guitar attack in a smoky dimly lit basement with a strobe going off...but I digress, have a look at Nick and the boys performing No Pussy Blues on Later With Jools Holland. Killer I tell you.




If you feel so inclined go and buy the album - investigate further - its worth it.

http://www.myspace.com/grinderman



I also picked up the new Innervision this week featuring the so massive BALANDINE (i talked about this the other week - its got a breakdown to die for) and a tasty space age techno b-side ENOI. Both great stuff. Ame have also contributed a Top 10 chart to Beatport which is as you'd expect full of things worth checking.

https://www.beatport.com/

I also got the Wild Rumpus - Musical Blaze Up 12" on Bitches Brew too. Its all about the Rub N Tug Bitches mix crazy banjo like guitars, a disco dub bassline and a wonkiness that only Rub N Tug can pull off. I first heard this on Lindstrom & Thomas' essential mix a few weeks ago and it sounds like this could be a massive summer anthem. Honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment